Heat Seal barcodes are a permanent barcoded workflow when you process orders within your CleanCloud account, then we recommend Heat Seals. These types of tags are used by many of our Dry Cleaning customers, but are also useful for all different business types.
What does this type of tag look like?
A Heat Seal will contain a barcode and barcode ID.
An example of a pre-printed heat seal:
Pre-printed Heat Seal Barcodes
You have the option of using pre-printed Heat Seal barcodes. Preprinted tags should be 6,8,9,10,11 or 12 digits long and cannot start with 0 (a series of 8 digit barcodes could look like - 10000001, 10000002, 10000003 etc). You can purchase these tags from https://www.cleanersupply.com/.
What type of printer do I need if I want these barcodes to automatically print?
To have heat seals automatically print from a printer, we recommend the following models:
- Zebra TLP2824 Plus
- Zebra TLP2824-Z
- Zebra GX430T
If you would like to purchase one of these printers, please consult this article: https://cleansupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002070212-CleanCloud-s-Recommended-Hardware
Heat Seals are used to track the history of an item and the customer it is linked to. Heat Seals can also be used in the assembly process. The workflow for Heat Seals is slightly different to the usual process.
Ideal workflow using assisted assembly
- Create an order via the New Order page. You can assign a barcode to an item by having products enabled with the 'require heat seal' option (which will bring up a pop-up window). Or, you can use the edit item notes page. For further details, click on this article - https://cleansupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002426652
- Process the order.
- On the Assembly page, if you scan an item it will assign the garment to a rack location automatically. For more information on how to set up Assisted Assembly, click on this article https://cleansupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002647531
- Once all items within an order have been scanned, the order will move to the Ready page.
If you have already assigned a heat seal to an item, then when that garment comes in again, you can simply scan the barcode which will preselect the customer and garment if on the new order page.
- Permanently attached to a garment using a heat press. Usually lasts around 150 cleaning cycles.
- Assigned to a specific customer and garment, used to track the history of a garment and easily add items to an order.
- Can be scanned in Plant mode, order will update.
If you have any questions please get in touch with CleanCloud Support.