There are numerous ways in which you or your customers can submit a tip when an order is being placed. Please see the following:
To submit a tip via the POS
- Ensure you have the 'accept tips' setting enabled. You can find this setting if you go to Settings > Admin > Payments & Finances > Tips.
- After detailing an order for the customer, click on the upwards facing arrow which will then bring up this screen:
You can then establish whether you would like the tip to be a value or a percentage for this specific order.
How a customer can submit a tip via the customer app/booking tool
First, you will need to establish the amounts and the type of tip which customers will be able to select after they detail an order online. Simply go to Settings > Admin > Pickup and Delivery > General Settings and you will see a 'tip field' and a 'tip amount' field.
- Tip Type - you can determine whether you would like the customer to be able to see amount values or a percentage of their order only. You can have both of these so your customers can decide whichever they would prefer. You can also state which tip type is the default one that appears if you are having both tip types available for the customer to choose from.
- Then, you can input the £ and/or % amounts which you would like to have displayed to customers to pick from online. If not, there will be various default options already listed.
- Once you have configured the above, it will look something like this from the customer app/booking tool: