In CleanCloud, you can only refund the customer's card directly with the Stripe and Clearent integration.
- Go To Search, Search type > Payments.
- Use the appropriate filter to find your orders and click "Search"
- Click on the "void" or "Refund" button
Refunding a transaction takes place when funds from a transaction are available in your account and need to be transferred back to the customer.
Voiding a transaction is when you are cancelling the transfer of funds, from a customer's account to your account.
Note: you can also generate the refund from your Clearent virtual terminal.
You will be able to generate the refund from your Stripe Dashboard.
If you do not have those integrations, you will have to refund the customer by cash or credit. The below method will only ensure the metrics are correct in CleanCloud, but will not refund the customer's card directly:
Creating a refund button
- Go to Settings/Menu > click on "Products"
- Go to the section tab
- Click on "add section" to add a refund section
- Go to Settings > Product > Product tab
- Add a product named "refund"
- Give it a price of zero
- Assign it to the refund section
- Click "Update"
Generating a refund for a customer
- Go to the new order page
- Select the customer in question
- Click on the refund product
- Once the product is selected, hover your mouse over the price
- Click on the edit pen on top of the item price
- Indicate the refund amount (the price has to be a negative value)