STEP 1: Check if printer is already installed on your computer
- Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your computer by USB cable
- Go to Control Panel in Windows
- In Control Panel go to Devices and Printers (may be called Printers and Faxes in older versions of Windows)
- Check to see if the printer is already showing on your list of installed printers. If it is installed it will likely be called something like EPSON TM-T88IV Receipt.
- If the printer is already installed go to STEP 3. If it is not installed proceed to STEP 2.
STEP 2: Install the Printer Driver
- Download the printer driver for this printer
- Once downloaded unzip the file by right clicking on the file and selecting Extract all
- Open the folder and double click on APD installer to start the installation.
- Follow the instructions it gives you to install the printer driver.
- During installation it will ask you to Add the Printer. Make sure you select USB when you add the printer. You will also have the option to print a test page which you should do to confirm the printer works
- Once completed the printer should now show up in your Control Panel as EPSON TM-T88IV Receipt.
STEP 3: Install QZTray
QZTray is the software that CleanCloud uses to communicate with your printers and automatically print the receipts.
- Download QZTray 2.0 from https://qz.io/download/
- Once downloaded run the file to start the installation of QZTray
- Follow the instructions in the install wizard
- During installation a prompt box may appear asking you to install Java to proceed. If this box appears press OK to be taken to the Java download website. Click Agree and Download to download and install Java. Once Java has been successfully installed, return to the QZTray installation to finish it
- Once QZTray has finished installing it will open QZTray. A little printer icon will appear in your system tray at the bottom right of your screen. This will turn green once it is active.
- You should right click on the green QZTray icon and select the Automatically Start option to make sure QZTray automatically runs each time you turn on the computer
STEP 4: Add Printer to CleanCloud
- Login to your CleanCloud account and go to the Settings->Printers page
- Scroll down to the Receipt printer section
- Select Epson as the printer manufacturer
- Enter the exact name of the printer as it appeared in Control Panel. This is most commonly: EPSON TM-T88V Receipt
- You can activate settings like Auto Print Receipt and Print Barcode
- Press the Update button
- If this is the first printer you've installed a box will appear asking for permission for CleanCloud to communicate with QZTray. You should check the always allow checkbox and press OK.
- Printer is ready to use. Try making a order.
Receipt Printer not found
If you are presented with this message then it most likely means that the name of the printer in Windows Control Panel does not exactly match the name of the printer on the Settings->Printers page in CleanCloud. You should change the name of the printer in CleanCloud and press the Update button below.
Another reason for this is if you installed the printer after installing QZTray. In this case you may have to exit QZTray by right clicking on the icon in the system tray and pressing Exit. Then reopen QZTray.
QZTray is not running error shown despite being installed and running
This sometimes happens if you are using Firefox web browser. We recommend you download and install Chrome instead
It can also happen if you are using an old version of Windows like Windows XP with QZTray. If you are using an old version of Windows then we recommend you download QZTray version 2.0.3
Printer Cables are not connected or Printer is not turned on
Make sure the cables are connected tightly to the computer and the printer. Also make sure that the printer is turned on and has paper.