As part of your Professional subscription, your store appears on CleanCloud's iOS and Android apps. There your customer just has to select your store as their default store the first time they open the app, then the app remembers your store as their default. Your store will then have your logo and colors that you set on the Settings > Admin > Store Settings > Appearance.
If you would like to have a separate app listing in the app store then you can either create your own app and use our API to send orders into your CleanCloud account or you can have us create an app for you.
The app we create for you will have the same features as our app when released, but it will only serve your store, will use your branding, and it will have its own listings in the app stores. This makes it much easier for your customers to find your store as they can simply search for your store name in the app store, rather than having to search for CleanCloud and then selecting your store.
Developing your app usually takes us 6-8 weeks from when you have completed the following steps
- Provided us with permission to charge your card the developer fee to develop your app. This fee covers the development time to create both your iOS and Android apps. The fee and timeline will depend on current developer availability and the scope of your app.
- Provided us with high-resolution images of your logo and your app icon. These need to be at least 1024px wide by 1024px high. Your logo and app icon can be the same image if you like.
- Provided us with the text that you want to appear on your app store listing. This is the promotional text that the customer sees in the app store when they go to download your app
- For your iOS app you will need to create an Apple developer account at https://developer.apple.com and you will need to pay and enroll for iOS development. This usually costs $99/year. You will need to register a Business account with Apple and not an individual account. Once your account is ready and you are enrolled you will have to share your credentials with us so we can distribute on your behalf.
- Provided us with your website URL and the URL of your privacy page. Having a privacy page is required by Apple and Google Play
Please note that we do not add any additional or bespoke features for your app. We are also unable to offer a refund once development has begun, since you are being charged for the developer time.
Also please note that the release of our app may be delayed if Apple or Google reject your app submission in accordance with any changes in their App store review policy. This can unfortunately happen from time to time and we will try to meet any new requirements and get your app past approval.
Also note that CleanCloud is not able to fix your app for free if a part of your app stops functioning which was out of CleanCloud's control. For example an OS update on iOS/Android that causes a function to stop working, or if an integration (e.g. payment integration) stops working due to changes on the integration side. This will require a maintenance fee to be charged so that we can fix the issue and resubmit your apps to the app stores. CleanCloud does it best to keep this fee low, especially if the fix was already found and implemented on CleanCloud's core app.
Further, if you wish to make a small change to your app that requires the app to be resubmitted to the app stores (for example a change in branding), then a minimum resubmission fee of $750 will be charged to cover the development time to change and resubmit to app stores. However, most aspects of the app can be changed from your App settings page in CleanCloud and do not require your app to be resubmitted.