If you sometimes have to modify prices during an order, but you are unable to do it with upcharges you can use the Price Modify feature.
This allows you to make a one-time price change of a product, specific to the order.
To Activate Price Modifying
- Go to the Settings->Admin page and scroll down to the New Order page section
- Enable the "Allow Staff to Modify Prices on an Order" option
- Press the Update button below
To Use Price Modifying
- Create a new order as normal, adding items to the basket
- Click on the item name in the basket and a Modify Price box will appear
- There you can increase or decrease the price.
- This will only change the price of the product in this order, and will not affect future orders