SMS Marketing can be a very effective way to engage your customers, offer promos and notify them of special offers.
To Send Marketing SMS
- Go to the Settings > Marketing page.
- From the menu that appears on the left, click on 'SMS'.
- Enter your message and then add the rules. The rules will allow you to be able to specify which customers will receive this SMS message. There is also a toggle where you can exclude customers that are assigned to a business account if you wish.
- You'll see a box which is named 'affected customers'. When you click on this box, you will be able to see exactly which customers are going to receive this SMS as well as their last order date. And of course, if you would like to exclude customers that are assigned to business accounts, then enable the relevant toggle by this box.
- When you are ready to send your message, press Send.
Please note that your SMS messages will be queued, and if you are sending a lot of them it may take several hours for them all to send. For this reason we advise sending them in the morning to avoid your customers receiving SMS late at night.
If you are seeing very low customer numbers when you press the Calculate button then it is possible you have activated the Marketing Opt-In checkbox on the Settings->Admin page, but you haven't been collecting permission for each customer. If you don't have permission from a customer then they will not be included in the marketing SMS calculation. You can get round this by disabling the Marketing Opt-In checkbox on the Settings->Admin page.