SMS Marketing can be a very effective way to engage your customers, offer promos and notify them of special offers.
To Send Marketing SMS
- Go to the Settings-SMS page
- Scroll down to the Send Bulk / Marketing SMS box
- Choose your options and enter your message.
- Click Calculate, this will tell you if you have any errors and how many customers this will send the SMS to. If the number is much lower than you expect see the troubleshooting guide below
- When you are ready to send your message press Send
Please note that your SMS messages will be queued, and if you are sending a lot of them it may take several hours for them all to send. For this reason we advise sending them in the morning to avoid your customers receiving SMS late at night.
If you are seeing very low customer numbers when you press the Calculate button then it is possible you have activated the Marketing Opt-In checkbox on the Settings->Admin page, but you haven't been collecting permission for each customer. If you don't have permission from a customer then they will not be included in the marketing SMS calculation. You can get round this by disabling the Marketing Opt-In checkbox on the Settings->Admin page.