With Clearent you can have a card terminal integration for in-store orders, as well as secure online storage of credit cards for charging customers with one click and handling online order payments
You may use other card terminals, but these do not directly integrate into CleanCloud.
Note that our Clearent integration is currently available in the US only and requires the second version of CleanCloud.
For more information, you can visit their website here
How to Setup Your In-Store Card Terminal
- Follow the instructions provided with your card terminal to connect your terminal to your network either by Ethernet cable or by WiFi
- Turn on the terminal and wait until it has connected to your network and provides you with the message "POS ONLINE"
- Login to your CleanCloud account with the Admin account and go to the Settings-> Printer -> Payment Terminal
- Under the 'Clearent Terminal API' section, enter the API Key provided by your Clearent representative into the box.
- Press the Update button
How to Charge a Customer Using the In-Store Card Terminal
From the New Order page
- On the New Order page enter a normal order as usual but select Pay by Card (Clearent) as the payment method
- After the order has been submitted it will send the payment amount to the card terminal and provide instructions on the screen
- Once payment has been completed on the terminal it will display a success message in CleanCloud
From the Ready page
- Click Payment on the order that you wish to charge
- A box will pop up with payment options, click Pay by Card - Clearent Payment
- The amount will be sent to the card terminal and instructions will be provided on screen
- Once payment has been completed on the terminal it will update the order as paid in CleanCloud
Note: the integration supports for tip adjust when the payment is sent to the terminal.